Port Washington Park & Facility Rentals
2021 Reservations are available NOW!
City of Port Washington Park Policies
- Reserveable Areas & Facilities
- Fee Schedule
- Facility Use Eligibility
- Reservation Dates
- Keys & Electric Adapter
- Park Rules - Must be observed at all times
- Clean Up & Damage Policy
- Fermented Malt Beverage/Wine Limitations
- Tents & Inflatables
- Amplified Music Approval
- Cancellation Policy
- Refund Policy
- Online Reservation Request
- In-Person Reservation Request
- Make your gathering memorable by hosting it in one of our scenic parks.
- Reservation Requests for use of City Park and Recreational facilities must be made in-person at the Recreation Office, 201 N. Webster Street, or Online at portwashington.recdesk.com
- Reservations must be completed for exclusive use of pavilions.
- Reservation time should include set-up and clean-up time.
- Reservations cover the use of the pavilion/shelter/picnic area and the area immediately adjacent to it. You and your guests are welcome to use the remainder of the park and its facilities, but there may be other park users on site as well.
- Reservations are daily.
- Political groups, marches or demonstrations need to contact the Port Washington Police Department (262) 284-2611.
- Depending upon the nature of an event or activity, at the time of application renters may be required to submit a certificate of liability insurance naming the City of Port Washington as an additional insured, in the amount of no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Special Event information
- Upper Lake Park - map
Facility Use Eligibility
- Residents and non-residents, businesses/companies, and organizations.
- Reservation Requests must be fully completed and signed by an adult (i.e., a person at least 18 years of age) who must assume responsibility for the group and be present during the entire rental period.
- Permits are not issued to individuals or groups charging admission or fees for the purpose of private monetary gain unless advance written permission is granted by the City. No person shall sell, offer to sell, or exchange property, or buy, offer to buy, or exchange any property, or take up any collections of money or property of value in or upon City parks or facilities.
- Fundraising activities are not allowed unless prior approval is granted by the Port Washington Parks & Recreation Board.
- Inaccurate or false information will result in cancellation of the permit with the loss of rental fees and/or deposits.
- Online & In-person reservations can be made for the current year only, beginning on the first working day in January.
- All our parks & facilities are available for rental May 1 – Mid-October.
- The City reserves the right to terminate or reschedule any and all permits for any reason deemed to be in the best interest of the City.
- Pick up keys or electric adapter at our Recreation Office the week before your reservation at 201 N Webster Street, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Return key(s) or electric adapter to the Recreation Office within 3 days after your rental. The electric adapter must be returned to our office in person. Keys may be returned in person or placed into our gray drop box to the right of our office door.
- Rotary Park Gazebo requires the use of an electrical adapter to have access to electric.
- Parks that require a key for use:
- Veteran’s Memorial Park Shelter
- Kolbach Park Shelter
- Parks that do not require a key for use, but may be helpful:
- Veteran’s Memorial Park – Bandshell (Band – Electric Hookup)
- Upper Lake Park – Picnic Area 4 (Water Key)
- Upper Lake Park – Picnic Area 5 (Water Key)
- Upper Lake Park – Picnic Area 6 (Water Key)
- Veteran’s Memorial Park Shelter (Water Key)
- All events held in the City of Port Washington parks or recreational facilities must comply with City ordinances and regulations.
- Regulations Governing Conduct Within City Parks or on Public Grounds (Link Document).
- Parks are open seven days a week. Park hours are from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., except in Rotary Park, Coal Dock Park and Fisherman’s Park, where park hours are from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Vehicles are permitted only on public roadways & parking areas. Vehicles must park in clearly marked parking spaces only.
- Excessive noise is prohibited. Any amplified music, use of loudspeakers or public address system is strictly prohibited except by special prior approval by the Parks & Recreation Board. The City may cancel a permit due to the use of any of said devices or equipment at any time.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- You are allowed to bring portable grills into the parks, but you must make certain that they are completely removed at the conclusion of your event. Campfires are prohibited.
- Fireworks are prohibited.
- Pets are prohibited in all playground areas and Veteran’s Memorial Park, service dogs are allowed in all parks and park areas. Pets must be leashed at all times on park grounds.
- Picnic tables are supplied in all park areas. The number of tables supplied in each park area is based upon the capacity of that area, allowing for eight (8) persons per table. Tables shall not be moved from one park area to another.
- There shall be no digging or breaking of the ground surface.
Clean-Up & Damage Policy
- The facility is expected to be left in the condition the Renter found it in. Renter is responsible for any set up, clean-up and orderly condition of the park or facility at all times.
- Any damages to a park or facilities deemed to be in excess of normal wear and tear, or excessive clean-up, will be charged to the person who signed the permit application. Damage(s) to property and/or clean-up charges will be for all labor and materials associated with the incident.
- Be considerate for the next renter: report any damages or repairs needed and return items to their original location.
- No nails or staples may be used to hang up decorations. Decorations may be hung with tape or string only.
- All garbage must be placed inside the trash receptacles provided. Extra garbage can be placed in a closed bag next to the trash receptacles.
- Beer and/or wine are allowed only in Upper Lake Park, Veteran’s Memorial Park, Rotary Park & Coal Dock Park only with an approved permit. Beer and/or wine are not allowed in any neighborhood parks with or without a permit.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age to obtain a Fermented Malt Beverage/Wine Permit.
- No Beer and/or wine shall be consumed on the rented premises by any person who has not attained the age of 21 years.
- The sale of beer or wine requires a license, obtainable at City Hall.
Tents & Inflatables
- Tents larger than 10x10 and inflatable structures require the following:
- $100.00 Fee paid to the City for utilities to be marked by the Parks & Forestry Department.
- 30 days advance notice
- A map of the proposed location of the structure
- Dimensions of tent
- A certificate of insurance listing the City of Port Washington as an “additionally insured” up to $1 million in each occurrence for the date(s) of the event
- Tents may be set up only on the day of the rental and must be removed by 8:00 AM the following day. To extent the set up or tear down of your structure please contact the Recreation Director for special approval.
- Any damage caused as a result of a structure will be the responsibility of the Renter.
- Any amplified music, use of loudspeakers or public address system is strictly prohibited except by special prior approval by the Parks & Recreation Board.
- A Request for Amplified Music in the parks must be submitted to the Recreation Director via email or via the Recreation Office at least 60 days advance for initial review.
- The Request will be placed on the Parks & Recreation Board’s next agenda for review and potential approval. Applicants are encouraged to attend this meeting to present their plans and answer questions that the board may have.
- The applicant will be notified within 1 week of the Parks & Recreation Board meeting to be informed on the approval or denial of the request.
- The City may cancel a permit due to the use of any of said devices or equipment at any time.
- Consideration of homes surrounding the park facilities is expected. Speakers should be pointed away from nearby homes if at all possible. Volumes must be kept at a reasonable level – renter must comply with requests from public officials to reduce the volume.
- Approved amplified music will not be allowed in the park later than 9:00 PM (or 10:00 PM in Rotary Park or Coal Dock Park only).
- Reservations may be subject to cancellation due to COVID 19. Therefore, if the Recreation Department is required to cancel your reservation, a refund shall be issued and no cancellation fees will apply.
- Cancellations may be submitted in person, via email, or in writing through the office at 201 N Webster Street.
- Cancellations made sixty(60) or more days in advance of rental date will receive 100% refund minus a $10 service charge. No refunds are given for cancellations made less than 60 days in advance.
- All refunds resulting from cancellation by renter shall be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee.
- Refunds shall be issued via check from the City of Port Washington or when possible, via the credit card used to make the initial payment.
- Refunds will not be issued due to rainouts or inclement weather.
- Refunds may take up to thirty (30) days to be issued from request date.
- To make a refund request, email email@example.com or call 262-284-5881
Required Submission to Recreation Office 201 N Webster M-F 8:30am-4:30pm
- Reservation Request Form
- Malt Beverage/Wine Limitation Form (optional)
- Addendum to City of Port Washington Park Area & Facility Rental Application Form
- Proof of Residency
- Fee (credit card, check or cash)